Pages

Monday, March 16, 2020

growing popcorn

                           Growing popcorn

I learnt that when you start off you grab the biggest plumpest of grains.
I learnt the stalks grow straight and tall.
I learnt that If you water the plants well they can grow up to 1-2 centimetres a day
I learnt that small flowers drop pollen  from the top of the corn
I learnt that pink furry things that grow on the corn is called silks and they catch pollen from the flowers above.
I learnt that the corn is ready when its hard                           


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post